Are you interested in starting a Chase the Chill page in your region? We have a few simple requests:
- Setup a Facebook page called Chase the Chill followed by your location. e.g. Chase the Chill Winnipeg, Chase the Chill Texas, etc.
- Copy and paste the About section from the Chase the Chill in Winnipeg Facebook page, and update your location information. Be sure to include that Chase the Chill was started by Susan Huxley in Easton, P.A.
- Discover other Chase the Chill chapters and invite them to follow your page—many like to follow and support the new groups.
- Once you’ve set up a Facebook page, send an email with your page’s name to Chase the Chill in Winnipeg with a request for the Chase the Chill starter package which includes the logo and hang tags. Note that the logo’s copyright belongs to Robert Gerheart and the logo is not to be altered in any way.
- Add photos to your page, we like to see you having fun with this!
There are no minimum or maximum number of scarves, no size or fiber content requirements. However, as one part of our mission is to celebrate the art and beauty of knitting and crocheting, we request that the scarves are handmade.
Nor are there a minimum or maximum number of participants or number of events you can create. However, we recommend beginning small to remain sustainable. An annual event is more readily sustainable than many small events to prevent volunteer fatigue. And how you get the word out will affect the number of scarves you receive.
With your help, we’re chasing the chill and building stronger communities in many cities and towns! Keep in touch and let us know how your event goes!